The Raymond Central Board of Education invites you to one or more community forums in the
next few months. These community forums will focus on conversations that lead to the creation
of Raymond Central’s Vision 2025. Our overarching mission and vision of Raymond Central
Public Schools is our commitment to providing a positive, challenging learning environment
which prepares each individual student to be a responsible citizen in an ever-changing society.
Vision 2025 will define what Raymond Central education needs to be for every student. It is not
only a plan, but a call to action. As a district, we need a plan of action to ensure our students are
leaving RC with the knowledge and skills to compete in a global marketplace.
At the community forum, we will ask all stakeholders to think about the following... What if the
job our students aspire to today is no longer an option when it comes time to graduate? How
can we train students for jobs that don’t exist yet? Ten years ago a social media manager or
mobile app developer would have seemed like imaginary job titles. With our pace of life, the
World Economic Forum estimates 65% of our children today will end up in careers that don’t
even exist yet. The overarching question is how do we prepare students for a future job market
we can’t predict?
To prepare yourself for the upcoming roundtable conversation, the same three questions will be
asked at each location to serve as a guide to the creation of Vision 2025.
○ What is different for you now compared to 10-20 years ago?
○ In regards to what you see different, what do you believe are two action solutions
and what is the school and personnel role in the solution?
○ What skills do you want our kids to graduate Raymond Central with as a
foundation to their future?
Mark your calendars for one (or more) of the following dates and locations.
○ Valparaiso - Tuesday, February 12 - 6:30 PM @ Val Elementary
○ Raymond - Wednesday, March 20 - 6:30 PM @ Raymond Fire Barn
○ Ceresco - Wednesday, April 17 - 6:30 PM @ Ceresco Elementary School
○ Davey - Wednesday, May 1 - 6:30 PM @ Davey Community Center
○ Final Meeting - TBD @ the Jr/Sr High School
We have a lot to be proud of as community members, students, and staff of Raymond Central
Public Schools. It is the goal of RC to create a plan for the future to maximize our current and
future resources to become the premier school district in the state of Nebraska. Please join the
School Board in creating Vision 2025!
I look forward to seeing you at one of the meetings!