The Raymond Central School District is a Class C-1 School District located just north of Lincoln. The district covers approximately 169 square miles. A consolidation effort in 1967 combined the communities of Davey, Raymond, Ceresco, Valparaiso, and Agnew. The jr/sr high school facilities are located near the geographic center of the school district. The school site is approximately five miles north of Davey. All students are eligible for school bus transportation.
The facilities include a kindergarten through fifth grade facility located in Ceresco, a kindergarten through sixth grade facility located in Valparaiso, and a seventh through twelfth grade facility located almost in the center of the district at 1800 W. Agnew Road. Bond issues were passed in 1999 to renovate Valparaiso Elementary and build a new elementary school in Ceresco. In 2010 voters approved a $9.9 million bond issue to add 40,000 feet to the jr/sr high school and renovate the existing facilities. New classrooms, a new cafeteria and commons area, new agriculture and industrial tech shops, new administrative offices, and a new gym were built eliminating the need for students to go outside to get to classrooms which were part of the old military complex.
Board members have also upgraded technology for staff and students by supporting a $100,000 upgrade in 2012 to install projectors, document cameras, and interactive whiteboards in classrooms and currently have implemented a three year plan to install wireless access points at all three sites and upgrade the wireless carts with new notebook computers and/or iPads.
The district clearly supports our motto of “visions for success.”