Youth, Junior High, and Varsity Football Camps
My staff and our administration have been working hard behind the scenes to schedule our most immediate football activities. There is a large portion of dates that are finalized and still some dates/activities to finalize yet. One of which events, and of utmost importance is our summer team camp. Most of you have likely heard that we will be attending our team camp this summer at the University of South Dakota (USD) on July 26-28.
I’m working to finalize additional details, as USD is currently in the middle of Spring practices and will shift more of their focus to the summer camps after practice concludes. I’ve spoken to their camp directors multiple times and feel confident that this will be a great opportunity for our program. The past few years at my previous school, we attended football camp at South Dakota State University and I can personally attest to the value experience that it held for our players, as it was noted as their “favorite” part of the football season/program on post-season evaluation forms. The chance to grow closer as a team, create momentum for the upcoming season, and to build positive relationships between coaches and players is nearly impossible to replicate by other means. That being said, please make every effort to allow your young man to attend. Next to consistent attendance and work ethic during the summer Strength and Conditioning program this camp, along with our “on-site” team camp, are the second most important football events of the summer.
Here are some important dates and details to know:
– Football “Potluck” Parent Meeting
- May 9th, 6:30-8:00 PM (Roundtable Q&A session 8-9pm, if needed)
-Mustang Team Camp (2 weeks, after morning Strength and Conditioning)
- Week 1 = July 9-13 (Individual Position-Specific Skills and Installation Camp)
– 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Week 2 = July 16-20 (Installation Team Camp/Preparation for USD Camp)
– 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
– USD Team Camp
- July 26-28
- Cost $185 per camper (fundraising will cover as much of this as possible – hopefully all of it)
- Deposit $50 (non-refundable – checks payable to RC High School – please by June 1)
- Waiver Form (provided at the parent meeting, 5/9)
– Leave Friday Morning / Return Sunday Late Afternoon or Early Evening
– Students are supervised by camp staff in the dorms & escorted to/from all locations
- – Links for more info:
*PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE BEFORE THE PARENT MEETING.
THANKS: Coach Houchin – email@example.com