Attend Camp Invention This Summer!
For children entering grades K through 6
Where: Wahoo High School – Camp Invention – Fast Forward
Location: 2201 North Locust Street, Wahoo, NE 68066
Program Dates: 7/16/2018 – 7/20/2018
Program Length: 5 Days
Program Times: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
What is Camp Invention?
Camp Invention is one week in the summer where your child’s creativity, innovation, and problem-solving skills are challenged and developed in fun and exciting ways. Our top priority is to inspire future innovators and build their confidence in the natural ability to dream and create.
Children are presented with fun, hands-on challenges that encourage creative problem solving, teamwork, entrepreneurship, and innovation. Camp invention is led by experienced local educators and new curriculum is introduced each year, inspired by the Inductees of the National Inventors Hall of Fame!
Why should I consider Camp Invention?
Camp Invention is the only nationally recognized, non-profit elementary enrichment program inspired by the brightest thinkers around, the National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees. We know how to tap into your child’s natural need to discover and we do it with certified local instructors.
What happens during a typical day at Camp Invention?
- A typical day at Camp Invention is packed with inspiration from Inductees of the National Inventors Hall of Fame, fun, learning, and creativity from start to finish. It goes a little something like this:
9:00 a.m. – Signing in
- Children are signed in by their parents, join up with their age group, then meet up with their Leadership Intern at Base Camp, who will be a mentor and lead their group from module to module. Base Camp is the room they’ll start and finish in each day. Here, they might build a newspaper tower or participate in another fun activity!
9:15 a.m. – Module #1
10:20 a.m. – Snack time
- Becoming a DIY duct tape expert really works up an appetite.
10:30 a.m. – Module #2
11:40 a.m. – Activities/Lunch
- Half of our campers gather for lunch, while the other half enjoy high-energy activities.
12:10 p.m. – Time to switch!
1:05 p.m. – Module #3
2:10 p.m. – Module #4
3:15 p.m. – Back to Base Camp
- Children all regroup with their Leadership Interns and participate in activities designed to overcome challenges. This is an important part of the invention process that can be used every day.
3:30 p.m. – Checkout
- Children are ready to be picked up, signed out, and asked about a day of learning like none other! Daily newsletters are provided to help parents talk to their children about their day.